Christmas comes to Waitrose
- Waitrose launches its Christmas range for Christmas 2022
- More than 60 new products this year, including our No.1 Blood Orange & White Chocolate Quenelle
- More than 20 vegan Christmas products including our our No Beef Empanadas and Vegan Melting Chilli Bake
We have just launched our Christmas range for 2022, and with searches on waitrose.com for the term ‘Christmas’ increasing by 75% compared to last month and searches for Christmas recipes rising by a third since May, it’s clear our customers are already looking ahead to the festive season.
Emma Beale, Head of Product Innovation & Own Brand at Waitrose, said: “Christmas over the last few years has been very different, but with searches already rising on waitrose.com, we know our customers are preparing for big festive celebrations with loved ones this year. Our wonderful team has loved creating a fantastic selection of new products, whilst staying true to our values of great tasting, ethically sourced, delicious food - I’m sure our customers will love them just as much as we do.”
Christmas is a special time to come together and celebrate with loved ones, so whether you’re hosting all your family and friends, or planning an intimate dinner party with your nearest and dearest, we have a selection of party food to suit all tastes.
- No. 1 Whisky Smoked Salmon - succulent Scottish salmon, hung and kiln-smoked over whisky barrel oak chips, birch and heather, and hand finished with Speyside malt whisky.
- Vegan 10 Mini No Beef Empanadas- crisp pastry encasing a rich soya mince, red pepper and carrot filling, spiced with a fragrant blend of garlic, parsley, cumin, black pepper, cinnamon, coriander, chilli and turmeric.
Centrepieces & Sides
Although turkey is traditional on Christmas Day, our delicious centrepieces are also worthy of pride of place this festive season. New for this year are the Heston from Waitrose Festive Peking Duck, Slow Cooked Treacle Cured Festive Gammon and our British Pork Jewelled Stuffing Wreath. All our fresh pork comes from British farmers we know and trust, and we recently committed a £16m support package to our pork farmers as the industry faces its biggest crisis in a generation.
- Heston from Waitrose Festive Peking Duck - tender duck, partly deboned and rubbed with festive spices, glazed with an on-trend mulled wine hoisin sauce, with aromatic pulled duck and pork stuffing balls and shimmering duck crackling.
- Slow Cooked Treacle Cured Festive Gammon - treacle cured gammon slow cooked on the bone for 10 hours with Christmas spices and served with a black treacle glaze.
- Vegan Jewelled Roast with a Fruity Centre - a savoury mushroom-based roast with sweet caramelised onions, chestnuts and a clove-spiced apricot centre, topped with a crunchy, colourful garnish of apricots, cranberries, crushed chestnuts, sunflower seeds and pine nuts.
- British Pork Jewelled Stuffing Wreath - studded with cranberries, candied clementine & blood orange, and finished with candied oranges & bay leaves.
- British Pork Truffle Chipolatas - outdoor bred British pork chipolatas made with summer truffle, and wrapped in dry cured unsmoked streaky bacon.
Cakes, Bakes & Desserts
An after dinner treat doesn’t always have to be sweet! Our Heston from Waitrose Fig & Pear Mince Pies in Triple Cheese Pastry has been inspired by Heston’s own favourite flavour combinations - Eccles cake and cheese! And a supermarket first - our brand new savoury Parmesan & Cracked Black Pepper Panettone - delicious served toasted with pâté or cheese.
Since it’s Christmas, there’s definitely room for something sweet too! Among the showstopping desserts for this year are our stunning No.1 Blood Orange & White Chocolate Quenelle, Limoncello Pandoro and our Heston from Waitrose Mandarin Negroni Stollen.
- Parmesan & Cracked Black Pepper Panettone - a supermarket first, this Italian-inspired cake is made with butter, parmesan and a sprinkle of black pepper. Try it toasted and served with charcuterie, pâté and cheese, or as a special breakfast topped with smoked salmon, a poached egg and hollandaise sauce.
- No.1 Blood Orange & White Chocolate Quenelle - rich Belgian white chocolate mousse with a tangy blood orange compote centre, on a cranberry-studded Belgian chocolate base, dusted with sparkles.
- Heston from Waitrose Mandarin Negroni Stollen - the buttery brioche dough is speckled with candied orange and mandarin pieces, steeped in Mandarin Negroni and decorated with candied orange slices.
- Heston from Waitrose Pear & Fig Mince Pies in Triple Cheese Pastry - inspired by one of Heston’s own favourite creations, Eccles cake and cheese. Like the original recipe, they bring together the flavours of a festive cheese board: the buttery puff pastry is laced with Cheddar, Emmental and Italian hard cheese and the mincemeat inside captures the taste of a Christmas chutney, with plump vine fruits, figs, Bramley apple, a splash of Ruby Port, candied pears, nutmeg and ginger. The perfect partner for our new Kilner jar of Heston's Tipsy Potted Stilton.
Martyn Lee, Waitrose Executive Chef, said: "This year’s Christmas range really has the 'wow’ factor. It's such an exciting Christmas for us in terms of new product development, especially with our stunning No.1 Quenelle dessert and our new savoury Parmesan & Cracked Black Pepper Panettone. Quality and taste are at the forefront of all our product development and our team has worked really hard to make sure that there is something for every one of our customers this festive season, no matter how they might be choosing to celebrate.”
Chocolate is a must at Christmas time and this year we’ve got some delectable newbies joining our already delicious range. For those who like their chocolate with a fruity twist, the Heston from Waitrose Hidden Christmas Pudding Orange (a twist on Heston’s infamous Hidden Orange Christmas Pudding) is the perfect choice. Our Vanilla Snowballs are sure to be loved by all and our Dark Chocolate, Cherry & Amaretto Fudge makes for a delicious treat for the grown ups.
All of our own brand Christmas confectionery packaging is 100% recyclable, and all cocoa in our own brand confectionery is Fairtrade, with our investment supporting farmers, workers and producer organisations across the Fairtrade network.
- Heston from Waitrose Chocolate Pennies - shimmering dark chocolate pennies with a gianduja praline centre. They can be eaten as they are, or for an extra indulgent hot chocolate, drop one coin into 80ml of hot milk and mix to velvety smoothness.
- Heston from Waitrose Hidden Christmas Pudding Orange - inside a shell of orange flavoured white chocolate, there’s spiced chocolate ganache with currants, candied orange peel and a splash of brandy.
- Dark chocolate, Cherry & Amaretto fudge - a rich Belgian dark chocolate fudge with plump, sweet cherries and a splash of Amaretto.
Get ready to prepare a cheeseboard of dreams! Our offering includes the Heston from Waitrose Potted Stilton (which pairs perfectly with the Heston from Waitrose Fig & Pear Mince Pies in Triple Cheese Pastry) and our No.1 Stratford Blue Truckle with Pear & Kentish Cider Glaze.
- No.1 Stratford Blue Truckle with Pear & Kentish Cider Glaze - rich, creamy blue cheese with a sweet glaze to drizzle over, topped with candied walnuts. The truckle is exclusively available at Waitrose and makes the perfect cheese centrepiece for Christmas celebrations or a foodie gift for a loved one.
- Heston from Waitrose Tipsy Potted Stilton - creamy Stilton layered with caramelised red onion chutney, and a generous dash of rich, sweet Pedro Ximénez sherry.
- Vegan Melting Chilli Bake - savoury and smooth, topped with vibrant chilli jam.
About the John Lewis Partnership
The John Lewis Partnership owns and operates two of Britain's best-loved retail brands - John Lewis and Waitrose. Started as a radical experiment over a century ago, the Partnership is now the largest employee-owned business in the UK, with over 80,000 employees who are all Partners in the business. The Partnership is purpose-driven, existing to create a fairer and more sustainable future for our Partners, customers, suppliers and communities. Our Purpose not only inspires our principles, drives our decisions and acts as our guide to be a force for good, it steers us to do things differently and better - all in service of creating a happier world for everyone and everything we touch.
Waitrose & Partners has 331 shops in England, Scotland, Wales and the Channel Islands, including 59 convenience branches, 27 shops at Welcome Break locations, and Waitrose.com - its fast-growing online shopping business, consistently rated highly by independent research. The retailer combines the convenience of a supermarket with the expertise and service of a specialist shop - dedicated to offering quality food that has been responsibly sourced, combined with high standards of customer service. As part of an employee-owned business, all Partners have a say in how the business is run.Contact Details:
For more information please contact:
Jessica Simms - [email protected]