John Lewis reveals Top Ten Toys predicted for Christmas 2022
- The best toys picked by a panel of expert kids
- This Christmas sees a return to the 80s and 90s
- Christmas sales have already tripled in comparison to the same time last year
Scrunchies, cycling shorts and the return of house music have meant the 80s and 90s influence has dominated 2022. This sense of nostalgia now sees the toys synonymous with the era become the must-haves for the kids of today. From styling doll heads to Hot Wheels, the favourites of the decades make a triumphant return this Christmas. Some parents may be able to find them in their attic, alternatively all will be available in stores and on johnlewis.com.
After months of sourcing and testing, we gave the latest toys to a panel of experts - kids - to see if they had what it takes to be the most coveted toys of Christmas. Following extensive research and play time the team whittled down hundreds of products to just ten. From forest friendly wooden pizzeria sets to expertly crafted ponies by the finest equestrian brand this selection of products are guaranteed to make little ones happy this Christmas.
The Top Toys for Christmas 2022
1. Jiggly Pets pink pup, £11.99 (Available from Sept)
2. The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse. The Book and The Film - New Book Launch, £20 (Available from November)
3. John Lewis Wooden Pizzeria, £40 (Available from Sept)
4. I'm a Stylist Styling Head Ella, £79.99 (Available from Sept)
5. Vtech JotBot (The Smart Drawing Robot), £49.99 (Available from Sept)
6. Le Mieux Pony, £49.99 (Available from Sept)
7. John Lewis Wooden Workbench, £60 (Available from Sept)
8. LEGO Creator Expert 10293 Santa’s Visit, £89.99 (Available now)
9. Hot Wheels Garage exclusive bundle with the Hot Wheels 20 car pack, £125 (Available now)
10. Play-Doh Ice Cream Cart, £99 (Available from August)
And despite the hot summer John Lewis customers are preparing for the most wonderful time of the year purchasing baubles and Christmas trees. A selection of baubles and faux Christmas trees are available on johnlewis.com and we have seen sales triple in comparison to the same time last year.
Alan Wright, Toy Buyer at John Lewis, said: “It’s always such fun to see toys that brought so much joy decades ago come back around. They are toys that capture the imagination time and time again and that usually means adults will have just as much fun playing with them as kids do.
“We are also seeing that creative play is still super important to kids and with toys like the exclusive wooden workbench through to the Le Mieux Pony they are engaging in role playing which helps build confidence.
“The top ten offers toys suitable for kids of all ages from three to mum and dad's age!”
At John Lewis we have a huge range of affordable gifts for children with nearly 1,000 toys and games at £20 or under including:
- Disney Princess Jigsaw Puzzles (set of 3), £5.99
- LEGO Marvel 76202 Wolverine Mech Armour, £8.99
- Care Bears Cheer Plush Soft Toy, £9
- Fisher-Price Chatter Telephone, £13.99
- Super Mario Hover Shell Strike Air Hockey Game, £14.99
- Cat & Mouse Board Game, £19.99
Notes to Editors
The Top Ten Toys for Christmas 2022 can be found on johnlewis.com here
For more information please contact:
Florence Bretherton- [email protected]
About the John Lewis Partnership
The John Lewis Partnership owns and operates two of Britain's best-loved retail brands - John Lewis and Waitrose. Started as a radical experiment over a century ago, the Partnership is now the largest employee-owned business in the UK, with over 80,000 employees who are all Partners in the business. The Partnership is purpose-driven, existing to create a fairer and more sustainable future for our Partners, customers, suppliers and communities. Our Purpose not only inspires our principles, drives our decisions and acts as our guide to be a force for good, it steers us to do things differently and better - all in service of creating a happier world for everyone and everything we touch.
John Lewis operates 34 shops plus one outlet across the UK as well as johnlewis.com. Waitrose has 331 shops in England, Scotland, Wales and the Channel Islands, including 59 convenience branches, and another 27 shops at Welcome Break locations. The retailer's omnichannel business includes the online grocery service, Waitrose.com, as well as specialist online shops including waitrosecellar.com for wine and waitroseflorist.com for plants and flowers.